1 cup pre-rinsed quinoa
2 cups vegetable broth, optional chicken broth
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
1 cup finely diced carrots
1/2 cup minced green onions
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup frozen peas (thawed)
2 eggs, beaten (omit for vegetarian)
Kosher or sea salt to taste
2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
1. In a medium saucepan, add quinoa and broth. Turn to medium-high heat, cover, bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until all liquid has been absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and allow to cool.
2. Refrigerate quinoa until cold, approximately two hours. Save time by cooking ahead and make the stir-fry the next day.
3. In a large skillet, heat oils to medium-low heat. Add carrots and green onions, then cover and cook until tender, approximately 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook one additional minute. Add quinoa and peas and cook until heated through, 5 to 6 minutes.
4. If using eggs, push quinoa to the sides of the skillet, add eggs and scramble. Stir to combine scrambled eggs with quinoa mixture.
5. Add soy sauce and cook just until heated, about 1 minute.