1. It is full of nutrients. One of the main reasons why avocado is good for our health is that it is rich in nutrients. For those who are looking for ways to eat healthier foods, avocado makes it easy. When you add it to your diet, you can be sure that you’re getting plenty of vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin B6, folate, magnesium and more.
2. It has plenty of potassium in it. Potassium is important for our body and blood pressure. For those who don’t like bananas, you’ll be happy to know that avocados have a higher percentage of potassium than bananas do. Leave the bananas for the monkeys and enjoy the green goodness of avocado.
3. It is good for the heart. Anything that is good for the heart is a good idea. Monounsaturated fatty acids help with keeping your heart healthy and avocado is full of it, making it a great addition to your healthy diet.
4. It’s great for those with high cholesterol. If you have high cholesterol, you have to be careful with what you eat. This can be challenging, but the good news is that avocado is not a food that you have to give up in your diet. In fact, it’s been proven that avocados are beneficial in lowering cholesterol levels. Finding out that you have high cholesterol doesn’t have to be a sad thing, because you’ll still get to eat avocados!
5. It’s rich in fiber. Our bodies need fiber to function properly and avocado is a great source of it. In fact, with about 7 grams in every 100-gram serving, if you’re looking to add more fiber to your diet, avocado is the fruit that you’ll want to consider.
6. It’s a good option for people who want to lose weight. Because it’s rich in fiber, avocado is very good for people who want to lose weight. It aids in helping your metabolism. Also, because avocado is so delicious and helps you to feel satisfied faster, it helps you to avoid overeating. It’s a great alternative to bad carbs.
7. It helps you absorb nutrients from other foods. If you’re the kind of person who likes to add avocado to your salad, you may be doing something great for your body. Did you know that because avocado is a healthy fat, it helps your body to absorb nutrients from other healthy foods? It’s good for the digestion of all things good, so you won’t only be getting it’s goodness when you eat it, but when you add it to salads or vegetables, it enhances the benefits gained by these foods as well.
8. It is rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants are good for us in a number of ways, from our digestive system to our eye health. When you eat avocado, you are providing your body with plenty of antioxidants and keeping your eyes safe, while you’re at it.
9. It’s a cancer-fighting food. While it’s not entirely proven in more than just some test-tube research, there could be benefits from avocado when it comes to cancer. It may be help in diminishing cancer cells and even help those who are going through chemotherapy experience less negative effects from it.
10. It is good for your skin and hair. Who doesn’t want to have healthy hair and skin? If you suffer from damaged skin or hair, did you know that avocado is full of vitamins and nutrients that help you to softer skin and smooth hair? This is, largely, in thanks to beta-carotene and lycopene found in avocados.
11.It helps to relieve issues with arthritis. Because avocados are so full of nutritional value and things such as antioxidants and fiber, it also works as anti-inflammatory. For those who have arthritis, this food could go far in helping you to have less pain on a daily basis.
12. It’s easy to eat. One of the best things about avocado is how tasty it is and how easy it is to eat. You don’t have to worry about cooking it. You can also use it in a variety of foods, from smoothies to salads, to simply eating it alone with a pinch of salt.
Because it’s so full of good stuff and it’s easy to eat, avocado is one of the best options for those who are trying to eat healthier. Avocado isn’t the only thing that you should eat to be healthy but it certainly makes a difference in your life.